TinyMail progress report
Alex Morega
2010-06-22 19:10:59 UTC
Hi folks,

Here's a quick update on TinyMail progress:
* There is now a fair amount of unit tests, more to come.
* Nice activity window, so you can follow what's going on.
* Incrementally load headers; large folders don't hang the app anymore.
* Using IMAP message UIDs and checking for UID validity.
* Get message flags (e.g. "unread").
* Refresh button to check for new messages and modified flags.
* Screenshots! http://grep.ro/quickpub/tinymail-screenshots/

In the works:
* Local cache of message headers for quick startup.
* Drag and drop an email to copy/move it (UI part already done).
* Friendly message view - at the moment it just shows raw MIME text.

I need to change the name, because TinyMail, like most email-related
names that come to mind, is already taken. The best I've come up with is
PyCoMail (Python Cocoa mail). Ideas, anyone?

Cheers,
-- Alex