Wiki Move; Help needed
Caio Chassot
2010-01-25 21:22:48 UTC
Hi all,

Quickly: now that Gus has released some code[0] on his GitHub account, I'll be closing my original GitHub project to avoid confusion, keep things tidy.

My GitHub project holds our current wiki[1], so we have to move it. The wiki in Gus's project should only be used for concrete development notes, so we're not moving everything there. Instead, we're moving it to a new Community Wiki altogether.

THE PURPOSE OF THE COMMUNITY WIKI is for everybody to be able to contribute freely, without, say, being chained to the realities of shipping software ;). It's a valueable tool for collecting ideas.

Nathan Herald has been nice to put together[2] a very minimal lightweight Markdown wiki[3] for us.

OK SO HERE'S WHAT YOU DO:

1. You go to http://wiki.github.com/kch/email-init/
2. You go to http://letters-wiki.heroku.com
3. You copy a page from (1), translate it to Markdown, and paste it in (2).
4. Once you're done, clear the original page on (1), link it to the new page in (2).

Notes:

[0]: http://github.com/ccgus/letters
[1]: http://wiki.github.com/kch/email-init/
[2]: Yak-shaving FTW?